2-3 portions of salmon
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 lemon, sliced
Salt & Pepper
1-2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup diced cornichons (or dill pickle)
1 tsp mustard (yellow or stone ground)
Fresh dill, to taste
Pre-heat oven to broil: 450 degrees. Place salmon skin-side down onto a baking dish, preferably close to the size of the salmon so that the juices accumulate rather than evaporate. Drizzle the salmon with avocado oil then squeeze the lemon juice on top. Place the lemon peels on and around the fish. Next, cover with the onions. Season with salt and pepper and broil for 15-20 minutes, depending on how well you like it done. While the salmon is cooking, mix the butter, cornichons, and mustard. Set aside. When the fish is done, push the lemon and onion to the side and top the salmon with the butter mixture. Cover and rest for 10 minutes. Serve with chopped fresh dill, the cooked onions, and a drizzle of the pan juices.
- 6-7 red potatoes, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed/chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1-2 green onions, diced
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped- discard 1 yolk
- Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp celery leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 cube frozen cilantro
- 2 cornichon pickles, diced
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 cup mayo made with olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil the potatoes and garlic in heavily salted water. Drain when cooked al dente. Once cooled, carefully toss in the celery, green onion, and egg. Drizzle mixer with avocado oil. Pour the dressing over potato mixer and lightly mix so the potatoes do not fall apart. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Wild Rice Risotto
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp garlic, smashed and torn apart
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped w/ about 1 Tbsp leaves
3/4 cup Texmati Wild Rice mix
1/4 cup white wine
4 baby bella mushrooms and/or porcini, shiitake, button, or a mix
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
2 cups chicken broth, warmed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
sea salt and pepper, to taste
cocounut oil, dollops for garnish
- Heat coconut oil on medium-low to medium. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and celery with leaves. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wild rice mix to toast slightly.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, and a dash of sea salt: Cook a few minutes for the mushrooms to start releasing some liquid.
- Stir in 1 cup chicken broth and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer- stirring frequently- until almost dry. Taste and add a dash of sea salt, if needed.
- Add another 1/2 cup of chicken broth and simmer until almost dry- stirring frequently.
- Add the last 1/2 cup of chicken broth and simmer until almost dry- stirring frequently.
- Take off heat and add cinnamon and ground sage.
- Taste and add a dash of sea salt and pepper, if needed.
- Plate and garnish with a few dollops of coconut oil and sprigs of fresh thyme.