1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp garlic, smashed and torn apart
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped w/ about 1 Tbsp leaves
3/4 cup Texmati Wild Rice mix
1/4 cup white wine
4 baby bella mushrooms and/or porcini, shiitake, button, or a mix
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
2 cups chicken broth, warmed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
sea salt and pepper, to taste
cocounut oil, dollops for garnish
- Heat coconut oil on medium-low to medium. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and celery with leaves. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wild rice mix to toast slightly.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, and a dash of sea salt: Cook a few minutes for the mushrooms to start releasing some liquid.
- Stir in 1 cup chicken broth and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer- stirring frequently- until almost dry. Taste and add a dash of sea salt, if needed.
- Add another 1/2 cup of chicken broth and simmer until almost dry- stirring frequently.
- Add the last 1/2 cup of chicken broth and simmer until almost dry- stirring frequently.
- Take off heat and add cinnamon and ground sage.
- Taste and add a dash of sea salt and pepper, if needed.
- Plate and garnish with a few dollops of coconut oil and sprigs of fresh thyme.